Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 57291BR
University Job Title: Student Services Officer 4, General
Department Job Title: Associate Director for Operations and Program Manager for Career Education and Coaching
The Yale School of Management (Yale SOM) Career Development Office (CDO) supports the career management needs of more than 900 full-time MBA, Executive MBA, and Specialty Master’s students and 8,000+ alumni. Reporting to the Deputy Director, Career Education and Coaching, the Associate Director for Operations and Program Manager for Career Education and Coaching (CEC) has dual responsibilities. As Program Manager for the CEC, partner closely with the Deputy Director, CEC to strategize and deliver top quality resources, programming, and career education tools to our students and alumni. This includes organizing materials and structuring where they live/ how students are accessing them, maintaining internal and external websites, and keeping on top of other administrative organization and program-related needs including tracking and increasing student and alumni engagement. Manage resources and vendor contracts, drive CDO marketing, and coordinate logistics for all virtual and in-person programming for the entire student and alumni populations. Additionally, as Associate Director for Operations, oversee and execute general CDO-wide office responsibilities including budget management, onboarding and technology needs, and office management. Liaise heavily with departments around Yale SOM and the University, especially IT, Facilities, Hospitality, and Communications.
- Serve as Program Manager for the Career Education and Coaching (CEC) team – drive operations, marketing, vendor contracts and logistics for resources and events for team, students, and alumni.
- Manage resources and access to them including staying informed of trends as new vendors emerge, negotiating and managing contracts, and coordinating with IT and the Yale Library as needed.
- Manage CDO communications to students and alumni including internal and external websites.
- Manage front desk administrator.
- Oversee office management including space, office environment, CDO-wide resources and organization of information (online and physical), and onboarding processes and technology/equipment management.
- Oversee and manage CDO budget.
- Interface with other Yale SOM departments, particularly with IT, Facilities, Hospitality, Communications, and academic departments, to achieve strategic school priorities and meet annual objectives (e.g., planning and execution of CDO calendar).
- Create and maintain a culture of responsibility, accountability, and support for all constituents.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and six years of experience in career development, admissions, registration, placement, financial aid, student counseling or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment. Ability to manage internal and external relationships, including vendor assessment, negotiation, and resource deployment. Superb project management skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and expertise with database systems.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and influence across teams, including to peers and non-direct reports. Ability to influence people and manage operations involving a high degree of detail.
- Ability to make independent, responsible decisions to create positive outcomes. Positive, can-do attitude with a desire to lead innovation.
- Evening or weekend hours required for events and school initiatives.
Demonstrated experience with complex project management in an operational/IT/event context. Conscious of hiring trends, work settings, and a variety of industries and career options. Experience working in higher education career services, international work experience and/or multi-lingual capabilities. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.