Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 54669BR
University Job Title: Communications Officer 1
Department Job Title: Associate Director for Digital Media
The Associate Director for Digital Media is responsible for ensuring excellence in front-end web projects and presentation across Yale School of Management’s (YSOM) digital channels. Working under the direction of the Yale SOM Director of Digital Media, and working collaboratively across the communications department and IT teams, the Associate Director for Digital Media acts as a product manager for developing and deploying interactive and engaging web experiences, including on som.yale.edu and insights.som.yale.edu, while supporting the school’s mission, aspirations, and messaging, as well as admissions, development, alumni relations, and faculty promotional efforts.
- As a member of the digital team, work to define audience, objectives, and requirements for projects across Yale SOM’s digital channels in keeping with Yale SOM’s brand guidelines and communications objectives. Collaborate with teams across the school including internal departments and external vendors.
- Act as the department’s technical lead on key platforms and features underpinning our website, including Drupal, CSS, jQuery, and applications such as Highcharts. Work closely with members of the digital team on key web projects, enhancements, testing, and bug fixes.
- Understand web and digital trends within higher education and beyond. Understand and maintain best practices concerning website user experience, WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards. Recommend and develop enhancements based on findings. Ensure content meets Yale accessibility and privacy standards.
- Build web pages, test new features, partner with other stakeholders at YSOM to ensure content across our sites is consistent, updated and effective. Evaluate existing pages and make recommendations for enhancements of design, photography, interactive elements, and other digital elements.
- Manage specific projects from beginning to end. Working with YSOM project management tools, document product requirements, track progress, inform and engage stakeholders, and manage resources. Create and maintain documentation that empowers web content editors with varying levels of technical skill to update and maintain their own content.
- Help develop strategies and deploy tools to make Yale SOM content accessible on mobile devices, tablets, and all platforms, as well other channels including social media.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of experience in website design, production, marketing, project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Samples of web projects required at interview.
- Familiarity with and interest in economics, management, and organizational behavior.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment with tight deadlines and nontraditional hours.
- A team player who works well with other members of the staff. Ability to represent the School well in working collegially with peers and colleagues within and outside the University.
Direct experience with Drupal 8. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.