Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 65248BR
University Job Title: Student Services Officer 4, Professional School
Department Job Title: Associate Director for Admissions, The Broad Center at Yale SOM
Reporting to the Assistant Dean and Executive Director of The Broad Center (TBC) at Yale School of Management (SOM), the Associate Director for Admissions will design and implement innovative and equitable admissions strategies and processes for marketing, recruitment, selection, and enrollment for TBC at SOM’s two selective, tuition-free leadership development programs for public education leaders serving in full-time roles in urban school systems—the Master of Management Studies in Public Education Management (PEM) and the Fellowship for Public Education Leadership (FPEL). The Associate Director serves as the primary admissions staff member for TBC at SOM.
- Design and manage overall admissions processes for two new, selective leadership development programs.
- In conjunction with the Center’s senior staff, lead the development of TBC at SOM’s strategic vision as it relates to recruiting and selecting for both programs.
- Design recruitment and yield strategy aimed at the specialized candidate profile of public education leaders serving in full-time roles in urban school systems.
- Develop event strategy and execute online and in-person events for the program’s recruitment, admissions, and yield. Represent TBC at Yale SOM by speaking at events and interacting with prospective applicants.
- Create, manage, and maintain content for recruitment materials, website, view book, admitted and enrolled student packet, and all aspects of the admitted student portal.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the school and across Yale, as well as other key constituents, to develop and implement strategies related to relevant geographical regions and to building diverse pipelines of education leaders.
- Develop strategy to involve alumni in the selection processes, including planning alumni roles, and recruiting and training alumni to support multiple phases of the admissions’ cycle.
- Develop applicant assessment process for both programs. Supervise staff and alumni volunteers when interviewing and evaluating candidates.
- Lead the review process for applicants to both programs and manage overall communications with prospective applicants. Interview prospective students and present qualified candidates to the Admissions Committee. Facilitate conversations around applicants’ final decisions. Contribute informed opinions about applicants’ final decisions.
- Manage the enrollment and onboarding of PEM Scholars and FPEL Fellows, including registration and pre-arrival communications, among other duties.
- Maintain key admissions data to enable effective and efficient monitoring within an application season and analysis across application seasons.
- Oversee the implementation of a new admissions platform for PEM and FPEL applicants.
- Document existing and desired business processes for the new admissions platform.
- Lead future improvements in recruitment and admissions strategy, including debriefing each admissions cycle, compiling key admissions data, analyzing trends and outcomes, and recommending any changes or innovative approaches and strategies.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and five years of related work experience in admissions, registrar, placement, financial aid or student counseling or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to initiate programmatic and individual activities while functioning in a team setting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including ability to work with advanced MS Office/Excel, complex databases, and spreadsheets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to interact effectively with a range of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills. Superior interpersonal and judgement skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
A minimum of five years of experience in higher education and/or K-12 public education. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.