Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 81257BR
University Job Title: Associate Director, YCCI Marketing
Department Job Title: Associate Director of Digital Marketing
Duration: Three-year fixed
The Associate Director of Digital Marketing leads all aspects of YCCI’s digital marketing efforts including strategic design, implementation, and performance of YCCI digital marketing campaigns; social media management; content creation and digital communications. Reports to the Executive Director of the Yale Center for Customer Insights (YCCI).
(The YCCI brings together prominent leaders in marketing and insights to collaborate with leaders in academia, and so the ideal candidate will not only have experience in digital marketing but also a strong interest in marketing, branding and/or curiosity about consumers.)
- Strategy - Devise new strategies to grow awareness, interest, and engagement among YCCI’s target audiences. Specifically, this should include:
- Content strategy - Develop an online content strategy that derives optimal value from YCCI’s original research and events, ensuring relevance for our target audience and appropriateness of the content across channels.
- Channel strategy/monitoring: Monitor new channel growth with YCCI’s target audience and adapt YCCI’s channel strategy as needed.
- Content Management – Manage development of a consistent stream of content for the YCCI website, newsletters, and blog. Oversee work of freelancers, interns and agencies who develop content for YCCI. Identify and vet new potential agencies and freelancers for content creation. Provide an editorial perspective that enhances relevance for YCCI’s audience.
- Social Media Management - Develop a robust social media content calendar to grow YCCI’s base of followers on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. Develop clear KPIs to track progress to goals. Audit performance against YCCI’s social media strategy and established KPI’s.
- Campaign Management - Creatively develop lead-nurturing campaigns for YCCI programs and events including, for example, the Yale Center for Customer Insights Conference and the Behavioral Economics Immersion.
- Data Analytics - Track conversion rates for all marketing efforts and continually optimize digital campaigns and materials for best performance.
- Budget Management:
- Content Budget – Develop and maintain an annual budget for new content development.
- Campaign Budgets -Set budgets for YCCI programs and collaborate with Yale SOM Marketing to strategically plan media buys with maximum cost efficiency to achieve campaign goals.
- SEO - Collaborate with Yale SOM on search engine optimization (SEO) for YCCI pages and programs.
- Monitor market conditions and marketing efforts of YCCI’s competitive set and continually assess new technologies to keep the Center the forefront of digital technology.
- Work collaboratively with the SOM Office of Communications to coordinate efforts and find synergies. Become fluent in SOM messaging, standards, and editorial style, and ensure that all center/program communications further school strategy and direction.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in digital marketing, advertising or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in the oversight and management of digital marketing campaigns across several channels.
- Trace record of building scalable digital marketing campaign strategies and executing strategies with precision and excellence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with search engine optimization, display campaigns, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, A/B testing and campaign optimization.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to understand complex causal relationships and present thoughtful solutions on complex issues.
- Ability to assimilate data form different sources to provide insightful reporting on campaign performance.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Writing sample required at interview.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Proven commitment to diversity and inclusion, equity, and excellence.
Experience in digital marketing and a strong interest in marketing, branding and/or curiosity about consumers.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.