Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 79730BR
University Job Title: Assistant Director 2
Department Job Title: Associate Director for Academic Affairs and Student Life
The Associate Director plans and executes a variety of operational, administrative, and curricular initiatives of Academic Affairs and Student Life (AASL). Provides strategic input for key elements of extra and co-curricular student programming and departmental projects. Builds and maintains strong relationships with university offices and members of the Yale School of Management (Yale SOM) and broader Yale University community. Provide guidance and programmatic support to students to enhance their experience at Yale SOM and their preparation as global leaders.
- Oversee programming, initiatives, budget, and projects related to the Global Studies Requirement, including International Experience trips.
- Act as a resource for students and responsible for resolving student concerns related to curriculum, course auction, Global Studies Requirement, academic calendar, and all other academics related questions. Address academic concerns with students or triage and refer to senior staff for additional support.
- Manage academic accommodations for a wide variety of situations and student needs, communicating with students, faculty, and relevant administrative offices.
- Provide academic counseling to students, hold office hours, and share responsibility for Academic Affairs inbox.
- Manage academic resources and participate in outreach to students with academic outcomes of concern.
- Manage logistical support for SOM’s Professional Communications center, residential tutoring program, and AASL’s role in management of Teaching Assistants and other course support functions.
- Manage the tracking of academic outcome data as well as other data reporting to support AASL initiatives.
- Manage AASL’s tracking of incoming student data.
- Manage AASL resources for incoming and newly arrived students. Serve as main AASL contact for incoming students.
- Serve as liaison between AASL and the Office of International Students and Scholars to coordinate all visa requirements and informational requests.
- Oversee delivery of global curricular initiatives, coordinating activities and logistics with other Yale and SOM departments, vendors, partner individuals, and organizations.
- Manage AASL budget.
- Serve as point of contact for students in the Silver Scholar and exchange programs.
- Provide support in all AASL department events as necessary and any other projects as needed, which includes Commencement and all other AASL major events.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook Calendar, PowerPoint or equivalent.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively and represent the school well with students, faculty, and administrators.
- Superior demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Ability to craft and articulate messages for various audiences. Writing sample required.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Positive and can-do attitude that supports the mission of the school. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment. Excellent attendance record.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and track record of building and leading diverse, inclusive teams.
Bachelor’s degree. Global orientation.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.