Job Family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 75898BR
University Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Assistant Registrar
The Assistant Registrar ensures the Executive Education department’s central recordkeeping and operations functions are executed efficiently and effectively, while providing support for the curricular and operational aspects of executive education programs for both in-person and online programs. The Assistant Registrar reports to the Registrar and Assistant Director of Learning Operations.
- Under the supervision of the department Registrar, provides support for participant record systems development, data processing, and ongoing maintenance. Provides processing support for participant registration, creates invoices, and tracks payments, and corresponds with prospective and registered participants. Research solutions and recommends adjustments to policies and systems as needed to adapt to operational challenges.
- Creates and maintains training documentation for registrar, admissions, and operations systems, policies, and processes. Provides training, onboarding, and troubleshooting for those systems and processes in collaboration with SOM IT and vendor contacts. Promotes adoption of new systems through communications and buildout of pilot applications.
- Responds to general inquiries related to registrar and admissions processes, including participant verification, registration support, and payment support.
- Serves as primary participant-facing contact for assigned asynchronous digital programs, conducting routine processing and troubleshooting, referring issues to the assigned Learning Experience Manager as appropriate.
- Maintains standard templates for digital content in learning management systems (LMS) used in executive programs. Creates and prepares LMS instances for all executive programs, according to templates, for handoff to the Learning Delivery team.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Learning Operations, oversees Executive Education facilities and office administration, including supplies procurement, inventory management, and coordination of service providers. Coordinates venue bookings for on-campus programs, including hotels, classrooms, and dining venues.
- With oversight from the department’s Finance Director, serves as a preparer of expense reports and requisitions on behalf of the department.
- Provides support on an as-needed basis to the Learning Delivery team, providing operational support in advance and day of for both in-person and online programs as assigned.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, implement, and communicate about systems and processes. Superior problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate or better skills in Windows and Microsoft Applications, e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access is preferred). Must be able to flex schedule to work nights and weekends as required for programs.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively and represent the school well with participants, faculty, administrators, and corporate contacts. Excellent project management skills.
- Possesses a positive and can-do attitude that supports the mission of the school. Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment. A team player who works well with other members of the staff.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously. Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Ability to learn quickly, especially the ability to learn and use technology tools in both physical and virtual classrooms. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve minor AV/IT problems as they occur.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience working with databases and maintaining records and knowledge of relevant governance policies, especially in a higher education setting. Experience managing major corporate client relationships and/or events, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and facilitating the delivery of world-class service. Global program experience. Registrar background.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.