Job Family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 74773BR
University Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Assistant Registrar
The Assistant Registrar utilizes significant initiative, independence, knowledge of Yale University, of student administrative systems and services, and with latitude for independent decision-making and limited supervision, provides a high level of administrative and operational support to the senior staff of the Registrar's Office. This position reports to the Registrar.
- Serve as a primary source of information on administrative, academic, and procedural matters to students, faculty, and staff.
- Create and maintain systems for tracking and archiving student information, data, and student records. Monitor student records to ensure compliance with academic regulations and fulfillment of program requirements for graduation. Maintain student enrollment database. Maintain student addresses and other information in Banner.
- Is responsible for issuing official university documents such as transcripts, enrollment verification, and academic audits and for collecting fees charged for these services, if applicable.
- Facilitate the university ID process for incoming Yale School of Management (SOM) students and spouses with the university Sponsored Identity system.
- Provide guidance and direction on SOM’s registration and enrollment policies and procedures. Administer registration procedures for non-SOM students taking courses at SOM.
- Distribute class lists, updates, and grade lists to faculty and support staff.
- Ensuring grades are recorded and updated.
- Monitor financial records and activity. Use a billing system to charge or credit students for tuition and fees.
- Assist with data management activities including data collection and analysis for course evaluations, program evaluations, surveys, and benchmarking projects.
- Use SOM’s course management system and internal website to communicate with students and provide them with relevant materials.
- Compose correspondence and respond to inquiries. Format, keyboard, proofread, and edit correspondence.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of student record data through close coordination with other university registrars.
- Assist with Orientation and Commencement.
- As a member of the Deputy Dean’s team, contribute to other projects and activities as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience; four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate’s degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate knowledge of Windows and Microsoft products, Word, Excel, Outlook (Calendar), PowerPoint, or equivalent.
- Superior interpersonal skills, and strong communication skills. Excellent attendance record.
- A team player that works well with other members of the staff. A positive self-starter that supports the mission of the school.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to represent the school well in working collegially with peers and colleagues within and outside the university.
Bachelor’s Degree. Registrar background. Knowledge in Brio and Jaspersoft Reporting.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.