Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 76171BR
University Job Title: Program Administrator
Department Job Title: Assistant Director for Management Master's Programs
The Assistant Director manages and monitors the daily operations for recruiting, selection, and enrollment for the Yale School of Management (Yale SOM) Master of Management Studies in Asset Management Program (MMS-AM). This position reports to the Senior Associate Director for Management Master’s Programs.
- Implements the overall admissions process for the MMS-AM program, including cycle preparation, application launch, interviewing, application review, admissions decisions, and enrollment.
- Helps devise, develop, and implement recruitment strategies for MMS-AM program. Incorporate the input of faculty, staff, and other stakeholders in developing these strategies, and leverage relationships with alumni and others to meet program recruitment targets.
- Executes online and in-person events for the program’s recruitment, admissions, and yield. Partners with Global Programs, MBA Admissions, and other Yale SOM departments to create efficiencies across events and initiatives.
- Analyzes data and drives strategic actions to ensure targets are met.
- Manages content for marketing, including lead generation, nurturing, and re-targeting. Serve as a thought leader working with staff, students, and alumni to produce content for blogs, events, newsletters, and websites.
- Creates, manages, and maintains content for recruitment materials, website, view book, admitted and enrolled student packet, and all aspects of the admitted student portal.
- Engages in one-on-one communications with prospective, admitted, and enrolled students.
- Serves as a member of the MMS-AM admissions committee, including assessing, interviewing, and selecting students.
- May participate in other aspects of the admissions process as appropriate, such as application evaluation and interviewing
- Collects and analyzes financial aid and scholarship data. Key point of contact for university loan provider to produce tailored financial aid packets for all admitted candidates.
- Manages the enrollment and onboarding of MMS-AM students, including registration, pre-arrival communications, visa support, and course selection.
- Leads orientation program for MMS-AM students in partnership with AASL.
- Mentors colleagues on MMS-AM programmatic needs, deploying resources to meet key deadlines.
- Completes other department projects as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to initiate programmatic and individual activities while functioning in a team setting. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including ability to work with advanced MS Office, complex databases, and spreadsheets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to interact effectively with a range of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Commitment to an inclusive workplace.
MBA or other advanced degree. Three years of experience in higher education or a field consistent with career paths of management students. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.