Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 65309BR
University Job Title: Assistant Director 2
Department Job Title: Assistant Director for Reunion Giving
The Assistant Director for Reunion Giving will serve as a key member of Yale School of Management’s (SOM) Development and Alumni Relations team; under the general supervision of the Director of Reunion Giving and exercising a high degree of independence, the Assistant Director for Reunion Giving will develop and implement strategic plans to maximize giving in SOM's quinquennial reunions. Responsibilities include support of volunteers who are many of the school’s highest-level donors and engaged citizens; direct solicitation and closure of reunion gifts; and creation and implementation of strategies to achieve goals to meet Yale SOM’s highest priorities in reunion years.
- Develop and manage comprehensive campaign plan for reunion classes, including determining and recruiting leadership, setting goals, and collaborating on individual prospect strategy for major, leadership, and participation gifts.
- Determine and execute fundraising strategies to increase reunion class gifts, including appeals, personal solicitations, events, stewardship activities, and strategic visits by school leadership.
- Train and motivate reunion volunteers; analyze results and report progress to volunteers and Development team consistently.
- Work closely with internal partners, specifically the SOM Alumni Fund, gift officers, and Alumni Relations; maintain connections with Yale College Reunion Giving.
- Conduct appropriate stewardship activities to further enhance the relationship between donors and SOM; initiate and maintain contact to promote positive donor relations.
- Keep abreast of SOM priorities and updates to speak knowledgeably about the School to donors and volunteers.
- Exercise good judgment in discussing alumni, issues, and results; maintain composure and calm demeanor in difficult situations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to donors, volunteers, and colleagues, including tact, diplomacy, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality inside and outside the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Initiative and self-starting capacity with the ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment.
- Ability to understand the objectives of SOM fundraising priorities, make a case for giving, and speak intelligently about the work of the school.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to higher education, diversity, and the contribution of business to society. A creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Advanced user of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud or similar CRM databases.
Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.