Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 57232BR
University Job Title: Coordinator 4
Department Job Title: Assistant Director for Digital Learning
The Assistant Director, Digital Learning will work with the Senior Director of Digital Learning to build and deliver Yale School of Management’s (Yale SOM) Executive Education growing digital learning program portfolio including developing digital learning initiatives.
In conjunction with the Senior Director of Digital Learning and Operations, manage all operational and curricular aspects of assigned Executive Education digital programs – assuring top quality control from design through delivery. In conjunction with Yale SOM IT, provide support for online learners on digital learning management systems (e.g., NovoEd).
Digital Program Design and Development
- Manage a variety of design and development vendors: learning designers, videographers, editors, writers, graphic designers, and multi-media designers to produce top quality digital learning content and assets. Ensure consistency in program material templates and presentations.
- Work with Senior Director of Digital Learning and Assistant Director of Program Operations to negotiate contracts with the production vendors and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Research competitive pricing, services, and programs in the market, analyze that information to improve the program’s delivery of services.
- Develop and manage complex production schedules for assigned digital programs.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Digital Learning, Senior Director of Program Operations, and the Business Office, manage budgets during design, development, and delivery of assigned digital programs. Monitor contracts, program budgets and expenses with suppliers for assigned digital programs. Ensure all budgets are accurately reconciled in a timely manner (3 months post program).
Digital Program Delivery
- Work closely with department, school, and university administrative faculty and staff, IT, suppliers, and technology partners to ensure smooth program delivery.
- In conjunction with Senior Director of Digital Learning and Senior Director of Operations develop and deliver standards of operational excellence that will drive digital learning participant satisfaction, program efficacy, and operational efficiency. Ensure processes are being followed, streamlined, and continually improved upon as necessary.
- Manage learner enrollment for all Executive Education digital programs. Ensure accuracy and security of participant records.
- Serve as digital program operational troubleshooter for program participants and first point of contact for tech issues for online learners for select programs. Manage all technological and operational considerations for synchronous learning experience such as video conferences and webinars.
- Serve in a leadership role, with software vendors or consultants to implement system enhancements and updates and keeps staff informed of system developments.
- Serve as project manager for application developments including coordinating user requests and outlining project feasibility and implementation requirements.
- Work with operations team to manage immersions on-campus for blended programs. Manage in-person programs as needed.
- Deliver consistent, professional communication with digital learners. Ensure consistency and timely delivery of course materials. Work with Assistant Director, Executive Education Marketing to ensure brand and communications consistency across all messaging pre, during, and post-program.
- Drive learner satisfaction and improve participant research through management of post-program surveys. Work with Senior Director of Digital Learning to upkeep digital learning metrics and analyze program success across all digital programs.
- In conjunction with Senior Director of Digital Learning and SOM IT, serve as Executive Education digital learning ambassador. Understand learning platforms and technologies used to deliver digital learning programs and constantly explore new technologies to improve the learner, faculty, and administrative experience.
- In concert with the Director of Program Operations and other administrative departments, improve and systematize documented operating processes and administrative protocols, and work to ensure compliance with school and university policies.
- Develop strong working relationships with school, campus, community-based business partners, international stakeholders, Yale Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning, and serve as executive education liaison for Yale SOM and the University.
- Contribute to the training/coaching of new program managers, clerical staff, and interns.
- Plan and coordinate with other SOM administrative offices, other University departments, support staff, and vendors. Negotiate vendor contracts and initiate inventory selection and orders. Develop and make recommendations to the Senior Director on best practices and quality control for the department.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft products. Clear, concise, effective communicator in English.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively and represent the school well with participants, faculty, administrators, and corporate contacts.
- Excellent independent judgment, sensitivity, and knowledge of appropriate protocol, especially of other cultures and business customs. Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment. Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Ability to work nights and weekends. Travel, including international.
Bachelor’s degree in media production, digital learning or hospitality. Experience managing major corporate client relationships and/or events, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and facilitating the delivery of world-class service. Knowledge of database management systems and tools. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.