Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 76907BR
University Job Title: Assistant Director 1
Department Job Title: Assistant Director for Admissions, Management Master's Programs
The Assistant Director (“AD”) plans and participates in the recruitment, selection, and attraction of the strongest possible student body for Yale School of Management (Yale SOM), while supporting strong working relationships / partnerships across the Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM). Reporting to the Associate Directors of Admissions as a core member of the professional Master of Advanced Management (MAM), Master of Management Studies (MMS), The AD interviews, reviews and evaluates applications to the MAM and GBS program and M2M pathways and contributes informed opinions in regard to applicants' final decisions. The AD represents Yale SOM by speaking at events and interacting with prospective applicants through travel and online events. The AD oversees MAM, MMS customer experience across recruiting and admissions functions in order to provide the best end-to-end customer experience from applicant lead stage through managing the enrollment process for all admitted students. Drives process innovation for operational efficiency and optimal recruitment performance.
- MAM and MMS CRM/Slate super user, implementing automation, supporting system optimization and data integrity where possible. Assists with annual cycle preparation process, lead nurturing, online application process and decision release through the admissions cycle. Evaluates all admissions applications, interviews prospective applicants, and independently assesses each application against a variety of factors, including the applicant's strength, weaknesses, and potential contribution to the Yale community. Determines applicant's standing within international applicant pools. Member of the Yale MAM, MMS Admissions and Scholarships Committees.
- Plans and organizes recruiting and yield events and engages in school outreach with key partners. Seeks synergies across program departments and schools at Yale. Plans, attends, and hosts events/tours and virtual events.
- Analyzes and independently assesses overall records to determine if applicants are appropriate for admissions committee review. Presents applicant recommendations to admissions committee. Works with applicants after decision release, including managing and keeping waitlisted students informed and interested.
- Evaluates prospect profiles and recommends a tailored learning path based on prospective candidate needs and strength of profile and responds to pre-assessment queries. Follows up with high quality leads.
- Manages, plans, executes, and participates in interview days for multiple admissions pathways and programs (MAM, GBS, M2M for multiple schools).
- Conducts informative interviews, application one-on-one calls and on- and off-campus consultation sessions as necessary. Provides candidates with guidance and counseling as necessary.
- Coordinates content generation efforts for MAM and MMS students. Manages the generation and/or updates of all MAM, MMS commercial materials. Coordinates, creates / sends newsletters and other significant communications. Liaises with SOM Communications department for design and content management.
- Manages the enrollment process for all MAM and GBS (including M2M) students from enrollment/matriculation through arrival including background verifications, transcript verification and all other necessary enrollment requirements. Handles questions and concerns from incoming students.
- Develops and presents public presentations designed to promote Yale to prospective applicants.
- Supports enrollment activities to ensure a high yield outcome for admitted candidates. Assists in coordinating documentation and materials for admitted students, including shipment of materials. Liaises with SOM IT, Central IT, Student Academic Services, OISS and the Business Office as necessary.
- Oversees recruitment and admissions efforts between current students, the admissions team, and applicants, including managing Admissions Ambassadors and creating and planning other recruitment events hosted by students.
- Conduct audits and updates all application records to ensure data is up to date and accurate for data reporting.
- Audits and updates program web pages.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be reliable, highly organized and a self-motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse constituency of student, faculty, alumni, and staff populations.
- Excellent analytical, planning, and project management skills. Must be highly goal-oriented with exceptional time management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. Writing sample required. Well-developed computer skills and ability to adapt quickly to online admissions software programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Ability to understand and promote the goals and distinct qualities of Yale SOM. Successful candidates will demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, maturity, tact, and a commitment to diversity. Proven commitment to diversity and inclusion, equity, and excellence.
Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.