Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 60759BR
University Job Title: Assistant Director 1
Department Job Title: Assistant Director, Academic and Student Affairs, MBA for Executives
Reporting to the program lead, MBA for Executives (EMBA) and as a core member of the program team, this role schedules, plans and executes programmatic activities both curricular and extracurricular. As a member of the program team, leads the development and implementation of initiatives that fall within this role’s specific areas of responsibility.
- Work with the program lead, faculty, and teaching assistants to assist in delivery of academic program including: Ensure teaching schedule is correct and updated. Scheduling courses. Prepare and distribute course related materials. Provide guidance to faculty with Canvas. Liaise with faculty and teaching assistants to ensure consisent delivery of course content, including training of TAs.
- Coorindate and train new faculty on EMBA program policies and best practices; oversee recruitment, training, and evaluation of TAs.
- Work with faculty directors on track courses scheduling and colloquia.
- Manage EMBA Class and Collquia Canvas sites and communication.
- Provide pastoral care and academic advising, both in large-scale presentations and one-to-one, for students.
- Ensure all program and student records are accurate and up to date.
- Design and administer student surveys, analyze data, identify areas for improvement.
- Responsible for planning and logistics for Orientation, In-Residence and Graduation; work with program lead to successfully onboard students in the lead-up to Orientation.
- Plan and execute workshop, cross-campus, and social event activities.
- In conjunction with the program lead, develop and execute a series of extracurricular activities including workshops and social functions.
- In conjunction with Program Administrator and IT, oversee the Extended Classroom program, including the hiring and training of Classroom Media Coordinators, scheduling and sign-ups.
- Manage EMBA program and social media presence.
- Responsible for outbound GNAM week, including advising (presentation, communications, drop-in sessions with students), and in-country logistics (travel, visa, hotel arrangements). Supervise program coordinator in more routine logistical tasks. Work with GNAM and train both EMBA staff and GNAM staff in best practices for accepting inbound students.
- Manage relationships within Yale School of Management (Yale SOM) and the university as well as with external parties that are important to the development and delivery of programmatic activities.
- Manage program related internal communications to faculty directors, students, and alumni including newsletters and the Yale SOM EMBA Portal, admitted portal, and website.
- When needed, assist the EMBA Admissions team with on campus recruiting events and hosting campus visits.
- Manage the Independent Study process for EMBA students.
- Monitor academic standards and progress of students.
- Hire and train student workers.
- Represnt EMBA program at industry gatherings as needed.
- Responsible for other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to initiate programmatic and individual activities while functioning in a team setting. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including ability to work with advanced MS Office, complex databases and spreadsheets. Familiarity with Zoom Platform or other conference technology.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to interact effectively with a range of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong organizational, event management, and project management skills.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- A person with a positive and can-do attitude that supports the mission of the school.
- Ability to handle crises, as well as a wide range of short- and long-term issues.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Weekend and evening work required.
Prior experience in higher education or a field consistent with career paths of experienced management students. Experience in a high end/high touch customer environment. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.