Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 56996BR
University Job Title: Assistant Dean, Executive Education
Department Job Title: Assistant Dean and Executive Director of Executive Education
Reporting to the Deputy Dean for Executive Programs, the Assistant Dean and Executive Director of Executive Education is responsible for the design, development, and strategic implementation of the school’s non-degree executive education portfolio. The executive education platform is a school-wide strategic resource that supports the mission of the Yale School of Management (Yale SOM), strengthens its ties across Yale, and bolsters its global reach and impact. The Assistant Dean and Executive Director will foster curricular and pedagogical innovation across the school. He or she will work with Yale SOM and Yale faculty, centers, institutes, and other constituencies to develop innovative solutions for corporate clients and learners, and ensure their delivery at the highest level of excellence. Executive education programs are delivered in person or online, on campus or off campus.
- Provide day-to-day leadership for executive education in full alignment with the school’s mission, strategy, and guiding objectives.
- Ensure all executive education programs and all interactions with clients are delivered in a world-class manner that reflects the values and brands; attributes of Yale and Yale SOM.
- Position executive education as a key enabler of the school’s overall strategy.
- Advise the Deputy Dean on the ongoing development, refinement and implementation of a growth-oriented portfolio strategy for executive education that rests on innovative, competitive, programs and leverages the strengths of Yale and Yale SOM.
- Partner with faculty to identify new content areas, curriculum, and pedagogy, and broaden the pool of faculty from Yale SOM, the rest of Yale, and beyond who can contribute to Yale SOM executive education programs.
- Nourish and strengthen relationships with clients and key providers and develop new strategic relationships for executive education and the school as a whole.
- Develop new programs and partnerships (domestic and international), increase revenue, competitive advantage, efficiency, overall quality, influence and differentiation for the Yale SOM non-degree portfolio.
- Leverage the Global Network for Advanced Management as appropriate.
- Strengthen the school’s innovative online programs, make them an integral part of the overall executive education portfolio, and thereby broaden access and extend the reach of the school’s faculty and expertise in furtherance of its mission.
- Meet and exceed revenue and profitability goals across executive education programs.
- Ensure operational excellence, high-performance, productivity, and accountability in managing the executive education team.
- Recruit, develop, evaluate, and promote members of the executive education team and foster cohesion, mission-orientation, and team spirit among them.
- Ensure all programs are designed and delivered in accordance with guidelines for executive education programs as defined by the Yale SOM Dean’s Office and the school’s senior faculty.
- Serve as a member of the school’s senior staff.
- Serve as spokesperson and advocate for executive education with internal and external constituencies.
Required Education & Experience:
MBA or appropriate master’s degree and 8 years of experience in designing and marketing executive programs to corporate and individual clients.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Broad understanding of key management topics and disciplines.
- Proven leadership skills. Strategic thinking, business development, consultative selling, negotiation, teaming and relationship management skills.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Global orientation. Experienced in and comfortable with different cultures, forms of communication, and negotiation styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills within corporate and academic environments.
- Must be able to (i) travel domestically and internationally, and (ii) work evenings and weekends to meet client needs.
MBA or appropriate master’s degree and 10 years of experience. Global orientation. Experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.