Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 77462BR
University Job Title: Application Systems Analyst
Department Job Title: Application Support Specialist
As a member of the SOM-IT Client Services Team, provide technical computer assistance to SOM faculty, staff and students which includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up. School resource for learning management systems and other software applications. Involves the use of help desk incident tracking system and system monitoring tools.
- Supports the School’s learning management system, currently Canvas.
- Assists in the design, development, delivery, and adoption of technology including instructional technology pilots, services, and initiatives.
- Takes a leadership role, with software vendors or consultants, to implement system enhancements. Updates and keeps staff informed of system developments and training including documentation.
- Act as project leader for assigned IT projects with minimal supervision. Provide project consultation and recommendations to IT management as well as end-user departments.
- Performs expert application support via phone and email to faculty, staff, and students. Troubleshoots application problems and escalates problems as needed for timely resolution.
- Provides Help Desk backup coverage which includes monitoring and responding quickly and effectively to requests received through the Help Desk channels (walk-up, telephone based and email).
- Manages the procurement of technology goods and services for Yale SOM community using appropriate University tools and processes.
- Ensures adherence to service delivery process management framework as it relates to functional support and continuous process improvement similar to ITIL.
- Represents SOMIT on committees and project teams.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and two years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to participate in the design, development of related applications, determine design methodologies and tool sets; design and conduct tests and make recommendations.
- Ability to develop educational materials and activities to disseminate standards and underlying approaches. Investigate different software and technical research tools, determine general strengths/weaknesses as they relate to research issues, and prepare reports on research applicability.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to easily understand logic and troubleshoot issues as it pertains to computer and application management systems.
- Demonstrated flexibility and agility in order to adapt to changing work demands and balance many projects in a high-pressure environment. Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new software packages and online systems such as LMS systems, collaboration, and web/video conferencing tools, e.g., Adobe Connect, ZOOM, and MS Lync.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Proven commitment to diversity and inclusion, equity, and excellence.
Experience with learning platforms (Canvas) and software used to develop and deliver instructional content.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.