Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 51067BR
University Job Title: Statistican Entry
Department Job Title: Statistician
Develop statistical analysis and programming to support a research team carrying out industrial organization economics research. Work with Yale School of Management (SOM) faculty to carry out economic research projects. Use statistical analysis and programming as well as knowledge of basic business concepts to support the research team. Frequent tasks will include finding and organizing data, analyzing data, carrying out statistical programming, and developing presentations.
- Performs a variety of duties involving the application of statistical skills to the design of research studies. Works as a member of a research team/study team to provide appropriate statistical input in the design, execution and analysis of studies.
- Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
- Operates one or more systems of computer hardware and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data. Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
- Investigates, evaluates and prepares reports on applicability, efficiency, and accuracy of statistical methods used in obtaining and evaluation data.
- Participates in the preparation of written and oral presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interprets the finding and provides conclusions and recommendations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Master's degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong quantitative and computer programming skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
Degree(s) in economics, experience in Stata, and experience in research and/or consulting using advanced research methods and requiring extensive quantitative analysis. Business or management training or experience. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.