The heat is really on, folks! Seat belt fastened or not, you are going to be tossed about in the centrifuge. The long weeks before seem like a joke now. Sample this:
- 8 assignments and 24 presentations (there’s nothing wrong with your eyes or the screen, it actually was 24) in a span of 4 days accompanied by follow-up emails to display your life-long passion for the company.
- A liberal dose of Cobb Douglas Production functions with isoquants, isocosts and solvers vying for airtime.
- Unintelligible ‘p’s and their crazier counterparts '(1-p)’s getting all mixed and muddled in the cauldron of samples and populations.
- A slightly more mellowed ROIs, ROEs, leverages and NPVs but equally crazy for me nonetheless.
- Formulating strategy for Carlyle to buy x% in y company in z country using the ABP framework (if you don't know what ABP is, don't worry, I don't either!).
- Calculating the Emotional Intelligence and effectiveness of LGP!!! (now what's that?? ummm... it's Learning Group Peers, I think!).
- And the cream... Reflecting on ourselves, packaging the reflections to be our best self and selling it to all and sundry.. now that's a first-hand shot at marketing! Hmmm, we are getting good at this!!
- Don't worry about the lectures on international trips and the fact that some of us would do well to learn a bit of Japanese. Oh, I almost forgot - some of us, the greatest of the naives (and that's an euphemism) actually went and signed up for a professional communication skills course! The budding MLKs are really not expected to spend more than just a few hours each week!! A pretty cool week - a few more like these and I might actually start thinking of taking up an i-banking job (oops.. sorry, it's just 'banking', not 'i-banking', remember?) Gotta go. I need to catch up with some sleep. Uh, those good ol' days...