Our Diversity Vision
Diversity is an essential element of the Yale School of Management's mission to educate leaders for business and society, and of our distinctive model of values based leadership. An effective leader for business and society is one who is able to hear, understand and communicate with people from all segments of society. In order to educate such leaders, Yale SOM is committed to promoting diversity and creating a community that cultivates a wealth of perspectives. Leaders from Yale SOM are comfortable with difference, believe in the value of diverse perspectives and aspire to lead organizations and communities across boundaries.
We are committed to building a Yale School of Management community that is diverse across many dimensions, including race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, socioeconomic status, religion, political opinion, education, and professional experience and aspirations. While a breadth of perspectives is important, we are especially concerned with having the most difficult conversations, hearing the voices least heard and providing leadership where it is urgently needed.
Implementing Our Vision
Implementing our vision of diversity is an ongoing and dynamic process that shapes students before, during, and after their time at the Yale School of Management.
Yale SOM diversity initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Taking action to ensure the presence and participation of under-represented minorities within our community of students and scholars.
- Promoting the MBA as a viable and attractive option for under-represented minorities.
- Emphasizing the importance of a broad diversity of perspectives when admitting students.
- Affirming inclusion of diverse perspectives in the curriculum.
- Strongly considering diversity in hiring faculty and staff.
- Supporting under-represented minorities in identifying role models and in developing professional networks.