Prospective MBA students attending selected Yale School of Management admissions events this fall will get a taste of the SOM classroom. At a number of events in the United States and elsewhere, faculty members will give talks on topics drawn from their teaching and research.
The informational events, designed to introduce prospective students to Yale SOM, also include presentations by representatives of the Admissions Office on the school and the admissions process. Many include the opportunity to meet local SOM alumni.
Upcoming admissions events with faculty appearances include:
- November 7, New York City. Speaker: Sharon M. Oster, Frederic D. Wolfe Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship and an expert in competitive strategy, microeconomic theory, industrial organization, the economics of regulation and antitrust, and nonprofit strategy.
- November 12, Mumbai. Speaker: Anjani Jain, senior associate dean for the full-time MBA program and an expert in the design and optimization of manufacturing systems.
- November 13, Washington, D.C. Speaker: Thomas A. Kolditz, director of the Leadership Development Program. Professor Kolditz is a retired brigadier general in the U.S. Army and the former head of the Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership at West Point.
- November 18, Shanghai. Speaker: Frank Zhang, professor of accounting, whose expertise is in empirical capital market research, including stock anomalies, investor and analyst behavior, and corporate financial reporting.
- November 19, Los Angeles. Speaker: Olav Sorenson, Frederic Frank ’54 and Mary C. Tanner Professor of Management, an expert in economic geography, sociology, and entrepreneurship, including how social networks shape the geography and evolution of industries.
- November 21, San Francisco. Speaker: Olav Sorenson.
- December 17, Boston. Speaker: Thomas A. Kolditz.
- December 18, New York City. Speaker: Thomas A. Kolditz.
Learn more about these and other upcoming admissions events.